Last night I was tidying up the living room, which always involves a little wrangle-and-untangle action, when I realized the Allowable Knitting Basket was looking a little emptier than I remember. So, I thought I’d better have a look at the list and see what progress I’ve actually made.
- DONE: The Unexpected Socks
- HALF-DONE: The only 2 things I’m knitting for Xmas presents. One present made for my sister. I haven’t seen the recipient of the second present to get yarn approval yet.
- RIPPED: Citron. The finished object is pretty, but the knitting was boring as hell and I just couldn’t take it anymore. I think I might make a sweater with the yarn instead.
- SO CLOSE: Francis Revisited. Just needs one sleeve and I plan to knit that today.
- NO CHANGE: Plain & Simple
- 1/5 DONE:The Oceania Shawl
- ALMOST DONE: The next Thor hat.I still need to do a second test knit for myself before I look for outside test knitters, but I think I have the pattern just about set.
- DONE: The 2nd Stripey Bed Sock
- NO CHANGE: Kristi
- NO CHANGE: The Kitchen Muriwai
- DONE: Xmas garland for the office
- DONE: The Fuck This Shrug Slipper Socks. And I don’t like them. I am officially filing this yarn under Bad Skeins and not touching it again until I settle on a worsted weight scrap project. (Which I need to do soon. Thoughts? Suggestions? I’m thinking something like this.)
- NO CHANGE: Last July’s attempt at Leyburn, which are destined for a friend if I can remember the mods I made and finish the second one so that it in any way matches the first
- DONE: A practice hat for the class I’m teaching next month. The class ended up not happening, but I do like the hat.
- DONE: A child’s sweater that came in this batch of yarns that just needs a collar, a seam, and some ends woven in. This has been bartered for and given away and all is right in the world for this sweater now.
So, that’s 8 out of 16 items checked off the list. Not too shabby, especially considering I have dipped into the Drawers With Plans for my 2012 sock project, so it hasn’t been all AKB all the time around here.
Also? Never change, WordPress spell check. You are too precious to me.