- Realize that our long-standing dislike of our bed and an impending and unexpected check I was about to receive could be combined in a rather satisfying manner: check.
- Avoid day-long Ikea trip by finding super sale at local independent place and get a fairly awesome deal including free delivery and setup: check.
- Finally have a comfy bed to fall into every night after years and years of being all ugh about the whole thing: check.
(We also got 2 drawers for underneath but they came later. Oh, and a comforter. We got one of those, too.)
- Still to do: find nightstands that match our new bed frame and don’t cost a week’s pay.
- Realize we now have an entire bed to spare that didn’t really have anything wrong with it (mostly it was just too small and familiar) and that it could go into the spare room so that we could finally have a real guest room instead of an air mattress on the floor of our “home office” which had just turned into unused space since we both got laptops and Netflix on the Wii: check.
(Suddenly, this tiny, weird room feels HUGE AND LOVELY and I want everyone to come and stay with us. Seriously. Are you going to be in New England? You are welcome to stay.)
- Unexpected gift of curtains that work in the bedroom and valances that work in the spare room (and an extra set of sheets) from Dan’s mother, making these rooms look even awesomer that the photos imply: check.
- Still to do: buy blinds for the living room windows. So damn sick of cat hair-covered curtains I can’t even tell you.
- Make serious progress on secret knitting and order yarn to finish it: check.
(That’s all you get to see because it’s secret and for all you know it might be for you and of all the surprises you don’t want to spoil a surprise for you would be at the top, right?)
- Still to do: finish the secret knitting by the end of next week.
- Send in application and payment for community garden: check.
- Still to do: figure out what I can grow in a 4′ by 8′ plot (suggestions will be accepted in comments, so don’t be shy, y’all).
- Write another blog post it has been 2 weeks seriously what is wrong with you just say something: oh, check, for totally.